A place for all kinds of food, crafts and general nerdery
Once again, I had limited energy. With my fibro playing up and a touch of stress around the move, I made another “What random stuff do I have in my cupboards” meal last night. Not too shabby actually. Made enough for last night and tonight so I don’t have to cook again 🙂 lazy is good some times lol
150g Chicken Breast
5ml (1 tsp) oil or 3 sprays of cooking spray
5g (1 tsp) mixed herbs
50g onion (approximately half an onion)
1 garlic clove
5g (1 tsp) salt
80g Grated Cheese (cheddar)
1) Bring a saucepan of water to a boil. Add pasta, broccoli, carrots & cauliflower and allow to cook until preferred texture. Drain and set aside.
2) Meanwhile, slice the chicken into bite sized pieces. Finely chop the onion and garlic.
3) In a frying pan, heat the oil over a medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for a few minutes. Add the mushrooms and continue cooking.
4) Add the chicken, mixed herbs and salt. Cook the chicken all the way through.
5) Add the veg and pasta and mixed through for a bit.
6) Serve and add the cheese.
When I make this again, I will either add the cheese in to the pan just before serving to allow it to melt a bit more or I will make a cheese sauce for it.
I definitely enjoyed it and am currently typing this whilst munching on the second bowl. It microwaves very well for a second meal. Although typing one handed is an interesting skill I didn’t know I had lol!
So here are the stats.
Cals total: 921.5
Cals per serving: 461
Price whole: £2.33
Price per serving: £1.17
For 2 meals, or serving 2 people, I see nothing bad here. Even the calories are pretty damn snazzy. And could easily be adapted based on what veg and meat you like. Could even be made vegetarian (yay quorn sausages etc) and gluten free.
Any way, hope you guys enjoy. And if you try it out, let me know what you guys did. I love reading peoples versions of dishes 🙂
Cheers for now,