A place for all kinds of food, crafts and general nerdery
Hi guys. Today I wanted to try a new recipe. Shockingly for a cake-baking, chocoholic like me, I’ve never actually made brownies. Neither from scratch or from box mix. I know, I should turn in my membership card.
But I decided today was the day. And I’m soooo pleased I did 🙂 I’m writing this from the couch with a full belly and a massive smile on my face 🙂 Best brownies I’ve had. Ever.
So let’s get started.
Makes 10 brownies (based on my dish.)
256g chocolate chips
4 large eggs
192g plain flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
160g cocoa powder
288g caster sugar
1) Spray your cooking dish with cooking spray. Pre-heat oven to 305F/ 180C/ Gas Mark 4. The recipe called for a dish 13″ x 9″. I didn’t have that sort so mine was smaller. This means that the number of brownies and the thickness of them will differ depending on your dish.
2) In a saucepan, melt the butter and sugar together until smooth.
3) Remove from heat and allow to cool.
4) Mix eggs and vanilla in a jug. Gradually add and mix until smooth.
5) Once again, gradually add the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder to the mix until smooth. THIS IS TOUGH GOING. I did this with a wooden spoon and OW lol
6) Add the chocolate chips and transfer to the dish.
7) Bake for 30 mins or until a knife comes out clean. Because my dish was that much smaller and deeper, it took longer to cook than stated. Start to keep an eye on it after 25 mins 🙂
This is a very sticky mixture but OH….MY…GOD it’s worth it 🙂 gorgeous with ice cream.
Cost for recipe: £9.90
Cost per brownie: 99p
Cal for recipe: 4071 (ouchie, I know)
Cal per brownie: 407 (you only need 1 though)
If you make these, let me know how you get on 🙂
Cheers for now,
<a href=”http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11280597/?claim=djkh9dwuwcg”>Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>