A place for all kinds of food, crafts and general nerdery
Been busy with the packing and not done a lot other than sleep, work and pack. Decided to make some cookies on Saturday, just to alleviate the stress a little. Somehow, even if things are going wrong with the baking (quite often actually lol!), I still feel better for baking than if I hadn’t 🙂
So I found the following recipe on Good To Know and decided to give them a whirl. I found the mix to be too cake-batter like and it was not possible to roll the cookies as stated. I had to add more flour for the mixture to thicken to the right consistency. So, although the recipe calls for 190g of flour, keep extra on hand in case you have that problem.
White Chocolate & Cranberry Cookies
Makes 15 – 20
135g Unsalted Butter
80g Caster Sugar
80g Soft Light Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
190g Plain Flour (plus extra for thickening)
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
100g Dried Cranberries
60g White Chocolate Chips
1) Preheat oven to Gas Mark 3/ 170 C/ 325 F. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
2) Cream the butter and both sugars together.
3) Add the egg and vanilla essence and mix well.
4) In a separate bowl, sift the flour, salt, cinnamon & Bicarb of Soda together.
5) Gradually add to the mix and make sure it is mixed through completely. If should form into a dough at this point but I had to add the extra flour to get to the right stage.
6) Add the cranberries and chocolate chips.
7) Divide the mix into balls and place on the baking trays. Really, 5 – 6 on a sheet because they need the space to spread.
8) Bake for 15 – 20 minutes. I take them out whilst they are still slightly soft and give under a bit of pressure. They firm up as they cool 🙂
Super scrummy with a glass of milk or hot chocolate on a cold evening 🙂 They last well for up to a week and a half in an air-tight tin. Between these fellas and the brownies I made last time, you won’t be short of tasty mini-treats of an evening. These also make excellent gifts for the season 🙂
Total cost: £15.65
Cost per cookie: £0.78 – £1.04
Total Cal: 3929
Cal per cookie: 196 – 261
Let me know if you give them a go 🙂
Cheers for now,
There was an error retrieving images from Instagram. An attempt will be remade in a few minutes.