A place for all kinds of food, crafts and general nerdery
Food of my childhood today. Normally, my mother makes stuff from scratch. But occasionally, especially when we were little and annoying buggers, easy and quick were the call of the day. On those sort of days, a pre-prepared tin of sauce was opened. It’s still delicious and perfect for a cold day 🙂
This meal is simply add everything to the pot and bung in the oven 🙂 can’t ask for much better than that.
1 tin Homepride Red Wine Cook-In Sauce
1 whole green bell pepper (roughly diced)
1 whole red bell pepper (roughly diced)
100g button mushrooms (roughly chopped)
1 red onion (diced)
1) Pre-heat the oven to Gas Mark 7/ 220 C
2) In a casserole dish, put the onion, peppers and mushrooms.
3) Take the skins off the sausages and add them to the dish.
4) Pour over the sauce over the top.
5) Cover, and cook for at least 1 hour. Maximum of 1.5 hours.
We serve this with either mash potato or roast potatoes. This works just as well with frozen peppers and mushrooms. Just make sure they are cooked before you serve.
Cals: 354 per serving
Cost: £1.28 per serving
Hope you enjoy this.
Cheers for now,