A place for all kinds of food, crafts and general nerdery
Hi all, hope you’re enjoying a lazy sunday.
I’m normally very lucky in that G does all the cooking during the week, apart from breakfast which I do. However, on Sundays I take control of the kitchen for all three meals and sometimes a dessert if we’re being decadent.
We have a local market near us that does some fantastic deals, and recently purchased some portobello mushrooms from there. I decided to use, and tweak, the oven-baked scrambled egg recipe I posted earlier and bake the mushrooms with it.
2 portobello mushrooms
2 quorn sausages
60g skimmed milk
1/2 red bell pepper
1/2 yellow bell pepper
2 tsp mixed herbs
2 tsp garlic salt
20g finely grated cheese
1) Pre-heat the oven to 200C.
2) In a baking dish, spray fry light.
3) Cut the stems off the mushrooms and chop roughly. Leave to one side.
4) Place the mushrooms, capside down, into the dish. Cut the sausages into slices and place along side the mushrooms.
5) Chop the peppers to the same size as the mushroom stems and leave to one side.
6) In a bowl/jug whisk eggs, milk, garlic salt, mixed herbs, peppers and mushroom stems. Pour over the mushrooms and sausages.
7) Place in the oven for 25 mins.
8) 5 mins before the end of cooking, sprinkle the cheese over the top
Cost of meal = £1.40
Cost per serving = £0.70
51% Vitamin A
127% Vitamin C
A low-carb, low-fat, low-cost, sin free breakfast 🙂 a very scrummy way to start the day, and the egg mix can be prepped the night before which makes it any even lazier breakfast to roll out of bed to make 🙂
Hope you like. If you try it and/or tweak it, let me know. Would love to try new versions of it 🙂
Cheers for now,