A place for all kinds of food, crafts and general nerdery
Dinner recipe this time. Surprisingly filling but can easily have salad added to it if needed.
200g Quorn Chicken-Style Pieces
1 cube of Chicken Stock
200g dry couscous
200ml warm water
1 tbsp oil
315g Onion finely diced
98g Red Pepper roughly chopped
95g Button Mushrooms
1 tin of chopped tomatoes (400g)
1) Dissolve the stock cube in the warm water.
2) Heat oil over a medium heat. Cook the onion until softened.
3) Add the mushrooms, peppers and quorn and cook until softened. Sprinkle over the ginger and toss to coat.
4) Add the chopped tomatoes, water and couscous.
5) Mix once and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer and cover for 5 mins or until the couscous has soaked up the water.
6) Fluff the couscous with a fork and serve either in a warm bowl or with a salad.
Here are the stats per serving
Makes an excellent lunch or a filling dinner 🙂 I got to serve mine in the cute little soup bowls a friend gave G and I 🙂